Complications Related with Bartholin Gland Cyst
The Bartholin glands are the two small organs under the skin in a female’s genital area. They are found on each side of the folds of skin, fold of skin means labia here. Labia surrounds the vagina and urethra in the female body system. Mostly a female cannot see or feel these glands in her body.
The bartholian glands make a small amount of the mucous like secretion that keeps the moisture in the outer genital area called vulva.
This fluid comes out by two tiny tubes. These tubes are the next to the vagina. The name of these ducts is Bartholdi ducts.
Bartholin Gland Cyst
These cysts are often very small in size. Mostly they are painless. Some are not treated well. But if symptoms are being shown in you, then you should undergo treatment. You will need a proper treatment if your cyst is infected.
What are it’s Causes?
· Thick mucous
· SwellingThe above mentioned things can block the cysts. They produce the cyst in the ducts. The cysts become greater in size after the intercourse; this is because of the fact that the glands make more fluid during intercourse between female and male.
Sexually transmitted infections (STI s) can cause the Infected Bartholian cysts.By putting the condom during the intercourse can lower the risk of STI s.
Symptoms of the Bartholin Cysts:
When the bartholian cyst is very small then there is no symptom showed because of the small size of bartholin cysts.But if the bartholin cyst is large in size or there is abcess case then there are many symptoms shown in the patient?
The cyst having no infection can show following symptoms:
· Lump in the vulva area that is very painful.
· Vulva area showing the redness and swelling.
· Patient feel discomfort during sex.
· Patient feel discomfort during walk.
· Patient cannot sit properly due to the discomfort during sitting.
The cyst having infection can show following symptoms :
· Swelling of vulva area
· Drainage of fluid from cyst.
· Worst pain
· Discomfort during sitting.
· Discomfort in moving around.
· Discomfort in walking.
Diagnosis of Bartholin Gland Cyst:
A problem is simply diagnosed by the doctor by the examination. A Bartholian Cyst and Bartholian abcess can be diagnosed by simple physical examinantion. There is no specific test needed to make the diagnosis.
Sometimes in the case of the abcess, a swab is taken and the pus inside the swab is examined and it is tried to diagnose the main causative agents of the infections by sending the swabs into the laboratory. Hence, bartholian cysts are diagnosed.